If you use another calendar for your properties other than Lodgable, you can help prevent multiple guests from booking the same dates by syncing your Lodgable calendar with your other calendars, including Google calendar, AirBnB, TripAdvisor, FlipKey, HomeAway, or VRBO.
To import a calendar:
1. Go to the property listing page, select a property to edit, and then click on the ellipsis icon under the "Actions" column.
2. Click "Update Calendar" from the actions menu.
3. Scroll down the page to the calendar and then locate the link titled "Import Calendar" on the top right side of the calendar. Then click it.
4. Next, a new window will pop-up where you will be able to import your external bookings through iCal URL addresses.
5. Open a new browser tab or window and go to your external listing site (i.e. Airbnb or HomeAway). Once logged into your external listing site, go to your property's calendar and locate the iCal URL.
6. If you're not sure how to find the iCal file. Click on the following links for directions:
Currently, we do not support iCal integration with the TripAdvisor network.
7. Once you locate the iCal URL, go back to the Lodgable import calendar pop-up modal. Click on the box titled "Name your calendar" and enter a name (i.e. Enter TripAdvisor if your iCal URL came from TripAdvisor). Next, paste the iCal URL from your external listing site.
8. If you want to add multiple iCal URLs at a time, then click "Add another" and repeat step 7 above.
9. Click the "Submit" button when you're done adding the links. If you added an incorrect iCal URL you will be prompted to update one or more fields. If you don't receive an error, then that means your calendar was added successfully :)
10. Next, we will sync your external listing site's calendar with Lodgable. We will then regularly update it your Lodgable calendar, about every 3 minutes.
When you receive a booking cancellation, from an external account, that booking will still show-up in your Lodgable calendar, until you manually remove it.
To prevent calendar synchronicity errors, iCal is configured to only block dates taken from your external calendar, and to send blocked dates, into your external calendar. The Lodgable calendar, does not automatically unblock dates, if a booking is cancelled, or removed, in your external calendar.